The Rodel Foundation of Arizona selected their 2016 Exemplary Teachers, and we’re proud to announce that six out of the fifteen
selected are NAU alums.
The Rodel Foundation’s goal is to unite teachers that have
excelled in high-need schools with promising new student teachers who are
working in similar high-need schools. Over a year-long mentorship, the
Exemplary Teachers model effective teaching practices, curriculum and
instructional strategies, and classroom management skills.
Studies have shown that Arizona students from both Exemplary
Teachers’ and Exemplary Teachers' mentees’ classrooms perform at a high level on
The NAU alums honored as exemplary teachers—with their
school name and NAU degree—are:
- Tisha Cake, Sinagua Middle School, M.A. Educational
- Lauren Delfino-Karl, San Marcos Elementary School, M.A.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Denise Hall, Riverview School, M.A. Elementary Education
- Jillian Hernandez, W.F. Killip Elementary School, B.A.
- Meredith Hey, Irving Elementary School, B.A. Elementary
Education and M.A. Curriculum and Instruction
- Amy Tixier, Inca Elementary School, B.A. Elementary
Education and M.Ed. Elementary Education
Congratulations to all of the 2016 Rodel Exemplary Teachers!
Have a comment on this post? Share it on our Facebook page.